I realize the publisher will be the one to design the cover, but I'm a visual kinda gal and I like to SEE things happening! So, I've designed a new cover for my first book – MIDNIGHT CONQUEST. Why? Well, though I like what I did before, it doesn't fluconazole buy online uk LOOK like a paranormal romance. While at the RT convention, I saw the covers that immediately drew me to them because they LOOKED like a paranormal romance novel. So, I don't think there will be any mistaking this for anything BUT a paranormal romance… Continue reading
I had the pleasure of meeting a profound artist at the Romantic Times Book Lover's Convention by the name of Robert Quill. Charming, witty, talented and downright hilarious, Robert was a joy to meet and converse with. I loved hearing his voice – a kind of cross between rogue and tv announcer.
Genella and I are friends because I enjoy her ideas and what she writes…outside of the fact we also have so much in common. THANKFULLY I don't have one of those friendships with her where I adore her, but I hate her writing. What a conundrum that would be! “Gee, Genella…um…cute story?” I'm blessed with a very talented friend who knows how to tell a good story and she never fails to yank those tears from me! Continue reading
Aye, my third day at the Romantic Times Book Lover's Convention, the sex, scandal and mayhem began! I met a very famous and well-loved author (she-who-shall-not-be-named) during my initial RT Virgin orientation and volunteered to help her with moving some of her promotional materials. As we walked down the halls of the convention center, she insisted on stopping by and hugging another well-known author (another she-who-shall-not-be-named), who…with MUCH excitement and enthusiasm…hugged my new-friend-famous author…and promptly began humping her leg with an expression of ecstasy on her face. Continue reading
Sorry no recent updates! Been busy getting ready for the upcoming Romantic Times Book Lover's Convention! Even though I'm very much looking forward to the event, I don't think the excitement of it has hit me just yet. I'm running around like a crazy woman getting all my promotional materials and give-aways made and ready for the event. More on that in just a moment. Continue reading
Ok, folks! I've had it!
I love my story MIDNIGHT CONQUEST, but since I've been working on this story for 17 years, I think I'm ready to puke on it! I understand the editing process and what one needs to do to get a book to publication. I've had several technical manuals, marketing materials and web sites published to know that true enough AND I've seen friends go through the process. However, in my recent experience with returning my revisions to The Wild Rose Press, I've discovered that I have a blind eye to the mistakes I am making. I wrote “passion” or some form of that word at least 10 times in two pages! I did this even though I re-read the pages AT LEAST five times. I'm usually pretty good about something repetative like that, but it's clear I'm not seeing things like that on this project. I think there are two reasons why… Continue reading
Wow! Been a little too busy for words…but aren't we all these days? We either overload our days with too much stuff to do OR we're TERRIBLE at time management! I think it's a little of both. PLUS with the upcoming holiday season, we have presents to make, buy or order; parties to plan for; parties to go to; and gifts to wrap! Oh my! I hope you're all having a wonderful season and your shopping horrors are kept to a minimum.
Aside from working full-time contract work at Sony Pictures Entertainment (conducting training and cleaning up training materials), here's what I have going on that's keeping me from my blog…
- Working on revising MIDNIGHT CONQUEST– My first book in a series of 6 books that I've come up with. I've had to rework the plot a bit at the encouragement of the editor at The Wild Rose Press. Check out my author site to see the updates on the story summary.
- Drafted up MIDNIGHT AFFAIR – This is the 2nd book in the BONDED BY BLOOD vampire romance series. I took the challenge for NaNoWriMo. Though I was only able to come up with about 30,000 words and did not “win” the competition/challege, the goal for me in taking the challenge was to come up with the storyline for MIDNIGHT AFFAIR. Mission accomplished! And I'm really happy with it. Check out my web site for updates on the story summary.
- Drafted Storyline for CAPTIVE HEART – OMG!!! This is a great distraction, but this storyline is quickly turning into my favorite! I have to fight everything to keep from working on it. Must finish MIDNIGHT CONQUEST! Anyway, I ended up in a situation with my laptop – but WITHOUT my thumbdrive holding my current writing projects. Since I wanted to be productive, I thought, “I”ll just draw up the storyline for that dream I had the other night about wizards and dragons.” Holy bat doo doo, Batman! CAPTIVE HEART is a fantasy adventure romance that takes place at a time when nature is segregating magickal beings and they are dying away, struggling to preserve themselves. Check out my site for the story summary!
- Updated EnchantedWoodz.com – I finally had the energy to put up some new pictures on the site. I need to take more pictures of the wands that we've done, so I only have two of them up there right now. Once I find the wands we've finished (had to put them away to make room for the family gathering we had on Thanksgiving), I'll photograph them and get them up. Check out the Tooth Faery boxes, the Dragon's Lair Brooms and the wands we have. Also, I've included a couple of pieces of our featured artist – Molly Harrison. We have a license agreement with her to use her artwork on our wooden items. You'll love her stuff! Check out the web site to see the new pictures!
- I Saw TWILIGHT – Well, I read the book and I saw the movie. I was impressed with the screenplay – it did a very good job at capsulizing the essence of the book without leaving much out at all. Great job! Don't know how many of you fans know about it…but Stephanie Meyer did a cameo in the movie. Comment in my blog if you recall seeing her. My boyfriend did not read the book and he is now looking forward to reading them. As a fan of vampire romance, I find the books well-written and I enjoy the saga of them…the continuing story. I've been a little to tied up with my own books to be reading hers. I've started on book 2, so I can't effectively comment on them as a whole, but I'm enjoying them so far. 😀
I have other things I've been working on, but this is quite enough in this blog. What about you? What has you busy this holiday season? Working on that book? Taking the time to relax? Expressing yourself creatively? Do tell!!! Comment on my blog and let me know what's having you run around this holiday.
I wish you all a very happy holiday season and my love goes out to you all!!!
That's my two pence…