Wow! Been a little too busy for words…but aren't we all these days? We either overload our days with too much stuff to do OR we're TERRIBLE at time management! I think it's a little of both. PLUS with the upcoming holiday season, we have presents to make, buy or order; parties to plan for; parties to go to; and gifts to wrap! Oh my! I hope you're all having a wonderful season and your shopping horrors are kept to a minimum.
Aside from working full-time contract work at Sony Pictures Entertainment (conducting training and cleaning up training materials), here's what I have going on that's keeping me from my blog…
- Working on revising MIDNIGHT CONQUEST– My first book in a series of 6 books that I've come up with. I've had to rework the plot a bit at the encouragement of the editor at The Wild Rose Press. Check out my author site to see the updates on the story summary.
- Drafted up MIDNIGHT AFFAIR – This is the 2nd book in the BONDED BY BLOOD vampire romance series. I took the challenge for NaNoWriMo. Though I was only able to come up with about 30,000 words and did not “win” the competition/challege, the goal for me in taking the challenge was to come up with the storyline for MIDNIGHT AFFAIR. Mission accomplished! And I'm really happy with it. Check out my web site for updates on the story summary.
- Drafted Storyline for CAPTIVE HEART – OMG!!! This is a great distraction, but this storyline is quickly turning into my favorite! I have to fight everything to keep from working on it. Must finish MIDNIGHT CONQUEST! Anyway, I ended up in a situation with my laptop – but WITHOUT my thumbdrive holding my current writing projects. Since I wanted to be productive, I thought, “I”ll just draw up the storyline for that dream I had the other night about wizards and dragons.” Holy bat doo doo, Batman! CAPTIVE HEART is a fantasy adventure romance that takes place at a time when nature is segregating magickal beings and they are dying away, struggling to preserve themselves. Check out my site for the story summary!
- Updated EnchantedWoodz.com – I finally had the energy to put up some new pictures on the site. I need to take more pictures of the wands that we've done, so I only have two of them up there right now. Once I find the wands we've finished (had to put them away to make room for the family gathering we had on Thanksgiving), I'll photograph them and get them up. Check out the Tooth Faery boxes, the Dragon's Lair Brooms and the wands we have. Also, I've included a couple of pieces of our featured artist – Molly Harrison. We have a license agreement with her to use her artwork on our wooden items. You'll love her stuff! Check out the web site to see the new pictures!
- I Saw TWILIGHT – Well, I read the book and I saw the movie. I was impressed with the screenplay – it did a very good job at capsulizing the essence of the book without leaving much out at all. Great job! Don't know how many of you fans know about it…but Stephanie Meyer did a cameo in the movie. Comment in my blog if you recall seeing her. My boyfriend did not read the book and he is now looking forward to reading them. As a fan of vampire romance, I find the books well-written and I enjoy the saga of them…the continuing story. I've been a little to tied up with my own books to be reading hers. I've started on book 2, so I can't effectively comment on them as a whole, but I'm enjoying them so far. 😀
I have other things I've been working on, but this is quite enough in this blog. What about you? What has you busy this holiday season? Working on that book? Taking the time to relax? Expressing yourself creatively? Do tell!!! Comment on my blog and let me know what's having you run around this holiday.
I wish you all a very happy holiday season and my love goes out to you all!!!
That's my two pence…