FOR CURRENT REVIEW TEAM MEMBERS:
To turn in a review and/or request the next book you'd like to review, CLICK HERE to use our new form!
Terms & Conditions for New Members
Before you sign up, there are a few things you NEED to do in order to be on the Review Team*:
- PLEASE download the BookFunnel app – This is not required, but it sho' does make things easier!
- Be sure to visit this page on your smartphone or tablet
- CLICK HERE to download the BookFunnel app
- You MUST know how to get a link/URL to your reviews – CLICK HERE to view a short video (less than 2 min) on how to get a permalink for your Amazon review. If you cannot review on Amazon, you must be able to get any permalink to your review wherever you post it: your blog review, GoodReads, LibraryThing, etc.
- You MUST be Age 18 or Older – Since most of my books contain explicit love scenes (rawr!), I do not want to send content inappropriate for young people!
If you are okay with the above terms and conditions of joining my Review Team, then just fill out this form. Thank you!
IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER OF MY VIP CLUB: You DO NOT have to fill out the form below. You can contact me and just ask me to update your records OR you can CLICK HERE and submit a review, then just select “Yes! I'd like to be on Arial's Review Team” and it will update your account. 😀
PLEASE NOTE: For audiobooks, you MUST have an Audible account, which you can easily create for FREE using your Amazon login. You DO NOT have to have a monthly subscription, so you can decline those nagging prompts to get one when you signup. I'll be gifting the audiobook through Audible, so you'll claim that through your regular email address.
You do not have to leave a 4- or 5-star review. Nor do you need to leave a huge review. I'm not expecting large essays. Even a single sentence is fine if you're not big on words, however “Good book” is not what I have in mind either. What I'm hoping you'll do is share things that other readers might find useful in making a decision about whether or not to buy my books. For example, one or all of the following…
- What you liked &/or disliked about the book
- Would you recommend it and to whom (e.g., fans of _____ would enjoy this)
- Perhaps a favorite character or part of the story
- What you hope to see in coming stories or what you wished could have been in the book (e.g., you wished you could have learned more about a character or a backstory, etc.)
What I'm hoping you WILL NOT do is…
- Retell the entire story and plot-line of the book – it takes away the surprises. The blurb of the book already does this, so this is just repeated information and not very helpful.
- Reveal spoilers. If you gasped or thought, “Whoa! I didn't expect that!” then please do not share it. It ruins the experience for other readers.
- REALLY short reviews. “Good book” or “I liked it” doesn't help anyone in deciding if this book is something they should try.
I want your honest opinion, so I'm not trying to control that, but I am trying to help you preserve the experience for someone else, and what is posted by you will be some of the first reviews new readers will see. Let them enjoy the books with the freshness you were able to savor or include enough information for someone to decide if they should (or should not) try the books. Thank you!
If you're still not sure you want to join the team, please read the FAQs below. They might clear up a few things.
Sorry you have to go through all this to request a free book in exchange for a review. You can thank all those freeloaders for ruining it for everyone else.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY must I have the BookFunnel app or use BookFunnel? OR WHY won't you send me the eBook file directly?
Due to recent pirating issues, I've had to use more secure ways to send my eBooks to reviewers. Because there have been so many readers who are either getting these files and passing them on to all their friends and family OR WORSE, they're sharing/selling them on websites or Facebook groups, I've had to crack down on the way I give out my books for free. But please DO NOT insist that I send you the actual eBook files or you will be removed from my entire mailing list. Unless I know you personally, you aren't getting the eBook files. Sorry.
How long do I have to turn in a review?
Short Answer: Whenever you can. Read the book at your leisure and then submit the link to your review when you're ready to read the next book.
How do I turn in a Review?
CLICK HERE to use our new form and we'll update our records…and probably gush with enthusiastic appreciation. We'll review the link you sent, and then send you the next eBook you request via a BookFunnel link! BookFunnel links are usually sent 24-48 hours after receipt (or sooner). Thank you!
Where should I leave a Review?
Anywhere you'd like! Amazon is one of the best places, but I know not everyone likes to leave them there and some people can't due to the recent bans Amazon has been doing or because of the $50 spending requirement. You can also leave a review on your blog, LibraryThing, GoodReads, Facebook or anywhere else you can directly link to your review! I'm not picky! I just need people to see you had an opinion about the book AND I need to be able to easily find it! Thank you!