EDIT: I've added something new to the contest – for everyone person who enters the contest, I'll donate 50 cents* to the needy pet organization Petsmart uses for charity. Money will be donated at my next trip to Petsmart.
This is my first month of give-aways and I thought it might be neat to pick from the List of Commemorative Months I found on Wikipedia and use that as the themes for my monthly give-aways. The list is HUGE, so I have a lot to choose from. However, I also need to match this list with the goodies I received from the Romantic Times Book Lover's Convention. As a side note, some of the commemorative themes were really off the wall or things I just could not support. Such as…
–National Egg Month. :
–National Salad Month
–National Do Not Eat Cheese Before Noon Month…I kid you not and there is NOOOO way I could support that!
Some I could get behind 100% and there are a little too many to mention (and most of them are great causes), but here are some I thought deserved honorable mentions…
–National Chocolate Custard Month
–National Clean Energy Month
–Uranus Awareness Month (I had some erotic romances I could have used for this…but I'll save that one. Seriously, it might be a good idea to bring awareness to this planet as it may end up in the realm of Pluto if we're not careful…but I didn't have any books of space adventures to give away.)
–National Zombie Awareness Month – No, darn it, I didn't have any zombie books to give away!
The one I chose for this month is NATIONAL PET MONTH! I had two books I thought fitting for this month that I wasn't sure I'd be able to use for any other month…
CAT IN A TOPAZ TANGO by Carole Nelson Douglas
Temple Barr and Matt Devine make a cozy engaged couple, and the feisty redhead is all for her handsome radio host fiance staring in a week-long televised Las Vegas charity event, “Dancing with the Celebs.” But while ex-priest Matt struggles to master the sexy moves of the tango, a killer stalks the dance floor. Not only is Matt in danger, but so is the lovely tween Mariah, daughter of homicide cop C. R. Molina, who is dancing in the Junior Divison of the show.
And so Temple gets dragooned into resurrecting her kicky teen persona, Zoe Chloe Ozone, now an Internet hottie, to ensure Matt and Mariah don't foxtrot into a fatal mistep.
Where is Louie in all this? Well, he's out and about, proving that he's still the cat's meow. But he's got his paws full as he tries to keep all the various players in his little troupe from dancing right into death's arms….
HEART OF THE WOLF by Terry Spear
Their forbidden love may get them both killed. Bella is a red werewolf, sole survivor of the fire that killed her entire pack. Devlyn is a beta male werewolf in a pack of grays.
Forced to flee her adopted gray pack when the alpha male becomes a vicious threat, she struggles to live as a lone wolf, until Devlyn, the gray male who rescued her as a pup, comes to bring her home.
When a local red werewolf goes on a killing spree, Bella and Devlyn must flee the murderer, the police and their vengeful pack leader. With the full moon rising, and her heat upon her, Bella can't resist the pull to her destined mate, even if means Devlyn will have to face the wicked alpha male in a fight to the death…
(blurbs taken from Amazon.com)
I also have a bag from Kathy Lyons (some of you know her as Jade Lee), great for going grocery shopping or just carrying around the books you love to read. AND I have a $10 gift card for PetsMart (OR let me know if you'd rather have a $10 gift card to Amazon.com or Barnes & Nobles to purchase more books).
How To Enter!
To enter for the drawing–which will be held on May 15– just leave a comment below (entering a comment gives me your e-mail address/contact information). The winner will be announced on May 16th and also notified via the contact information provided.
How to Earn MORE Chances to Win!
If you'd like to earn more chances to win the May Contest Package, here are a list of other things you can do and earn point(s) for each task. Most of these I will know about, but if you send me an e-mail with your contact information, it would be a big help to list what you did for extra points. I don't want to miss any of your efforts!
- Post this contest on your Facebook page (1 point) – Just provide the link to this blog entry (short link: http://wp.me/pi4Oa-7p) and say there's a May give-away for books and prizes.
- Friend me on Facebook (1 point) – Visit my Arial Burnz Facebook profile and request to be my friend.
- Like my Facebook Page (1 point) – I also have an Author Page on Facebook. Just click on the LIKE button.
- Follow me on Twitter (1 point) – Click here to see my Twitter profile. Though I may not be one of those who tweets about every trip to the bathroom, I will tweet the latest news about my novels and contests.
- Tweet about this contest (1 point) – Don't forget to provide the link! Here's the short link: http://wp.me/pi4Oa-7p
- Join my mailing list (3 points) – If you're already on my mailing list, you can refer a friend to join. Make sure they let me know who recommended them and you'll get that extra point!
- Subscribe to my Blog (2 points) – You should see the button in the top-right corner of this very blog you're reading.
- Write a review on my erotic short story (10 points) – If you've purchased a copy of my short story (99 cents) HERE'S BLOOD IN YOUR EYE and post a review, you'll receive 10 points for every review you post on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, GoodReads.com and Smashwords.com. This is written under my erotic pen name Kami Cummings.
- Write a review on my children's story (10 points) – I know many of you have already purchased a copy of my children's book WHERE ART THOU UNICORN – Thank you!!! This is written under my pen name Christine Davies (for my YA and children's books). Just visit Amazon.com and post your review there or at GoodReads.com.