As it pertains to my web site and the fiction I write, please note that the books classified under “Adult Fiction” have adult content and are NOT recommended for persons under the age of 18. The adult fiction I write ranges from long to short and from steaming to erotica. Be sure to note the steam level before purchasing. Steam levels are based on the All Romance eBooks heat index for adult fiction:
- 1 Flame Love scenes are not consummated, or if the love scenes are consummated details are not given.
- 2 Flames Some love scenes. These are more sensual then graphic.
- 3 Flames Sensual, yet more explicit love scenes, and the language may be more graphic and direct.
- 4 Flames Frequent, explicit love scenes described using graphic and direct language.
- 5 Flames High frequency of explicit love scenes described using graphic and direct language. May contain subject matter that some readers consider objectionable.
As an editor for erotica, I'm told that anal play is “vanilla” enough these days to classify under a 4-flame rating. Personally, I classify anything like that under 5 flames.
My Young Adult fiction for the slightly younger crowd of readers may have some romantic elements and even touch upon some edgy material about sex, but none of the stories will be classified or contain material anything hotter than 1 flame. Sex may be a reality for a lot of teens these days–which is why some content in my stories contain some edgy topics–but I will not expose my younger readers to such material until they are consenting adults (age 18 and above).
And just for clarification, my children's fiction won't go anywhere near any sexual topics! I write exclusively fantasy fiction tales about faeries and unicorns and magical worlds…the things I enjoyed reading about when I was young. See my Children's & Young Adult page to learn more about my stories for young readers.