This was formerly the Review Request Form. FOR CURRENT REVIEW TEAM MEMBERS: To turn in a review and/or request the next book you’d like to review, send an email to Arial’s assistant, Ripley Jones with a permalink to a review you have done and the title of the next book you’d like to review. CLICK HERE to view a catalogue of Arial’s books.
Terms & Conditions
Before you sign up, there are a few things you NEED to do in order to be on the Review Team*:
- You MUST know how to get a link/URL to your reviews – If you don’t know how to do that, CLICK HERE to view a short video I created (less than 2 min) on how to get a permalink. There are other helpful tips on that page for my Review Team, too. I’m sorry, but if you’re not familiar enough with using the Internet to get a link to your review, you won’t be able to join my Review Team. I just do not have the time to follow up and research your reviews. I’m sorry.
- You MUST Have an Amazon Account – It is free to have an Amazon account. You will not have to leave reviews on Amazon if you don’t want to, but you need it in order for me to send eBooks directly to your Kindle device or app. This is the only secure way for me to distribute my eBooks. CLICK HERE to create a NEW Amazon account.
- You MUST Have a Kindle – All team members MUST have either a Kindle device or the FREE Kindle App, which is available on most smartphones and tablets. CLICK HERE to download the FREE Kindle app on your phone or tablet OR visit your app store and search for “kindle”. If you can’t do this, you can’t be on my Review Team. I’m sorry. See FAQs below for more information.
- You MUST add Me as an Approved Sender – Once you have #1 & 2, you’ll need to add “@arialburnz.com” as an approved sender of documents on your Amazon account. CLICK HERE for instructions. If you do not, the eBooks will not arrive on your app/device. Also, be sure NOT to put anything before the “@” sign to ensure you’ll get the eBooks even if my assistant sends you a copy. Read this page if you’d like to learn how to change your Kindle email address.
- You MUST be Age 18 or Older – Since most of my books contain explicit love scenes (rawr!), I do not want to send content inappropriate for young people! When I start publishing my Young Adult/New Adult books under C.G. Henderson, I’ll open up enrollment for reviews under that pen name. Arial Burnz (adult fiction) & Kami Cummings (erotic) are naughty girls. 😉
*This does not apply to my reviewers who have been on my Review Team for quite some time and have built a relationship and a history with me. If you have already sent me several reviews and we have personally corresponded several times, then you are one of my trusted reviewers and I am more flexible with you.
You do not have to leave a 4- or 5-star review. Nor do you need to leave a huge review. I’m not expecting large essays. Even a single sentence is fine if you’re not big on words. What I’m hoping you’ll do is share things that other readers might find useful in making a decision about whether or not my books are something they’d like to try. For example, one or all of the following…
- What you liked &/or disliked about the book
- Would you recommend it and to whom (e.g., fans of _____ would enjoy this)
- Perhaps a favorite character or part of the story
- What you hope to see in coming stories or what you wished could have been in the book (e.g., you wished you could have learned more about a character or a backstory, etc.)
What I’m hoping you WILL NOT do is…
- Retell the entire story and plot-line of the book – it takes away the surprises. The blurb of the book already does this, so this is just repeated information.
- Reveal spoilers. If you gasped or thought, “Whoa! I didn’t expect that!” then please do not share it. It ruins the experience for other readers.
I want your honest opinion, so I’m not trying to control that, but I am trying to help you preserve the experience for someone else, and what is posted by you will be some of the first reviews new readers will see. Let them enjoy the books with the freshness you were able to savor them. Thank you!
If you are okay with the above terms and conditions of joining my Review Team, then just fill out this form. Thank you!
IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER OF MY VIP CLUB: You DO NOT have to fill out the form below. Just CLICK HERE to visit the MailChimp form, enter your updated information (be sure to include the email address you used to sign up for my VIP Club) and then when you submit, you’ll get an error. Not to worry! It should have retained all the information you may have entered into the form…just re-enter your email address and it should update your account. OR you can contact me or my assistant and ask us to update your records. 😀 Alternatively, you can look for an old newsletter I’ve sent you and there is a special Update Your Profile link that will have your account information. Click that and you’ll be able to update your profile.
If you’re still not sure you want to join the team, please read the FAQs below. They might clear up a few things.
PLEASE NOTE: For audiobooks, you MUST have an Audible account, which is a monthly subscription through Audible (owned by Amazon). I’ll be gifting the audiobook through Audible, so you’ll claim that through your regular email address, but I cannot pay for your Audible subscription.
Sorry you have to go through all this to request a free book in exchange for a review. You can thank all those freeloaders for ruining it for everyone else.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHY must I have a Kindle? OR WHY won’t you send me the eBook file directly?
Due to recent pirating issues, I’ve had to resort to sending eBooks directly to the Kindle, which is the only way to safely distribute eBooks without giving the eBook file directly to a user. I know it sucks! But because there have been so many readers who are either getting these files and passing them on to all their friends and family OR WORSE, they’re sharing them on websites or Facebook groups, I’ve had to crack down on the way I give out my books for free. If you know of a better way for me to safely distribute eBook files, then please let me know! But please DO NOT insist that I send you the actual eBook files or you will be removed from my entire mailing list. Unless I know you personally, you aren’t getting the eBook files. Sorry.
How long do I have to turn in a review?
Short Answer: Whenever you can. When you join the team, you’ll get Frostbitten Hearts for free via an InstaFreebie link. There is no time limit on this book. The link to the review you write for that book will be what you turn in to request another eBook of your choice from my backlist. When you request another eBook to review, just send an email to me or my assistant Ripley and you’ll get your next eBook sent to your Kindle app or device. The review links are only required if you want another free eBook. When you turn those in is up to you. But the faster you read my books and post a review, the faster you’ll get the next one to read. 😉
How do I turn in a Review?
Just email the review link to me or my assistant Ripley and we’ll update our records…and probably gush with enthusiastic appreciation. If you’re ready for the next book to review, just be sure to include the title in the email.
Where should I leave a Review?
Anywhere you’d like! Amazon is one of the best places, but I know not everyone likes to leave them there and some people can’t due to the recent bans Amazon has been doing. The second best place for you to post a review is on your blog! You can also leave a review at Barnes & Noble, Kobo, LibraryThing, GoodReads, Facebook or anywhere else your heart desires! I’m not picky! I just need people to see you had an opinion about the book, which helps other readers find their next great read! Thank you!