Official Rules for the Midnight Eclipse Virtual Book Tour
Official contest rules for the Midnight Eclipse Virtual Book Tour Sweepstakes.
By Arial Burnz – Author of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
There are seven giveaways being conducted for the Midnight Eclipse Virtual Book Tour 2014 Sweepstakes:
- Section I: CRT-BBB01 Contest – The giveaways for readers/visitors who participate on the Character Reveal Tour virtual stops related to Book 1, Midnight Conquest, of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles
- Section II: CRT-BBB02 Contest – The giveaways for readers/visitors who participate on the Character Reveal Tour virtual stops related to Book 2, Midnight Captive, of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles
- Section III: CRT-BBB03 Contest – The giveaways for readers/visitors who participate on the Character Reveal Tour virtual stops related to Book 3, Midnight Hunt, of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles
- Section IV: CRT-BBB04 Contest – The giveaways for readers/visitors who participate on the Character Reveal Tour virtual stops related to Book 4, Midnight Eclipse, of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles
- Section V: Bonded By Blood Book Blast Contest – The giveaways for readers/visitors who participate on the book tour virtual stops related to Books 1-3 of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles
- Section VI: Midnight Eclipse Book Tour Contest – The giveaways for readers/visitors who participate on the book tour virtual stops related to Book 4, Midnight Eclipse, of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles
- Section VII: Tour Host Contest – The giveaway for the website owners/blog managers who are hosting the virtual tour stops for all the above tours
Section I. CRT-BBB01 Contest
This section outlines the conditions of the Midnight Eclipse Virtual Book Tour 2014 Sweepstakes for the visitors who participate on the blogs and websites hosting the virtual tour stops during the Character Reveal Tour (CRT) for Midnight Conquest, Book 1 (BBB01) of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles (heretofore known as the “CRT-BBB01”), which takes place from September 15-26, 2014.
- How to Enter for Gift Card Drawing During the Tour: This tour features four character summaries, providing short biographies of select characters created by Arial Burnz appearing in her novel Midnight Conquest, Book 1 of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles. A minimum requirement to be entered for the $10 Amazon, Barnes & Noble or iTunes gift card (winner’s choice of one card through one of those three venues) is to comment on at least one (1) of the participating websites or internet blogs, specifically on the page or blog post featuring a CRT-BBB01 character(s) (e.g., If a person comments on Midnight Conquest Book 1 Broderick MacDougal post at only one blog, but does not comment on any of the other CRT-BBB01 characters posts on any other tour stop, the person who commented will only be entered once into the gift card drawing for the CRT-BBB01 portion of the Midnight Eclipse Virtual Book Tour 2014). Limit 1 entry per website/blog where comment appears (NOT 1 entry per comment). Link to completed list of participating websites/blogs will be posted on www.ArialBurnz.com no later than September 14, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (PT). Links on completed list of participating blogs will be updated as tour progresses and all links are subject to change. CRT-BBB01 tour dates featuring select characters from Midnight Conquest are as follows:
- Broderick MacDougal – Starts September 15, 2014, at 00:01 a.m. PT and ends September 17, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Midnight Captive Book 2 Sub-Tour – Starts June 11, 2014, at 00:01 a.m. PT and ends June 29, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Midnight Hunt Book 3 Sub-Tour – Starts July 16, 2014, at 00:01 a.m. PT and ends August 3, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- How to Enter for Additional Prizes During the Tour: In addition to the gift card mentioned in Section I. 1., additional prizes will be available (listed here) to VIP Club members only. To be eligible for the drawing of these additional prizes, you must be a member of Arial Burnz’s VIP Club (a.k.a. mailing list). Joining Arial’s VIP Club is FREE and there is no obligation to purchase anything. Click here to sign up for Arial’s VIP Club OR enter your e-mail address in the Giveaway Tools widget provided at each stop, giving your consent for Arial Burnz to add you to her VIP Club list. Winners for these prizes will be selected from current and new members of the VIP Club. Additional prizes for the CRT-BBB01 tour stops are as follows:
- Vampire coaster set with vampire sayings created by Arial Burnz
- One (1) set of the print copies of Books 1-3 of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles signed by author Arial Burnz
- How to Earn Additional Entries DURING the Tour: Additional entries for Section I. 1 & 2 can be earned during the tour in the following way: Share announcements for the Midnight Eclipse 2014 Book Tour on various social media platforms or via e-mail. Announcements must follow the posted guidelines at this link. Guidelines are subject to change, but the main requirements are as follows:
- Each tour stop should have a Giveaway Tools widget with buttons encouraging visitors to perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Tweet a message about the tour on Twitter
- Post an announcement about the tour on Facebook
- Follow Arial Burnz on Twitter (@arialburnz)
- LIKE her page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/authorarialburnz)
- Join her VIP Club by entering their e-mail address in the widget and giving their consent to be added to Arial Burnz’s VIP Club (a.k.a. mailing list) OR by visiting her website and signing up through her online form (http://www.arialburnz.com/vip-club/join-club/)
- Eligible entrants may also earn additional entries by creating their own posts on any social media platform of their choice; however, if the social media platform is other than Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest, they must inform Arial Burnz of the venue and provide a link to the social media announcement be sending her an e-mail at arial (at) arialburnz (dot) com. If Eligible entrants wish to create their own posts as indicated here for additional entries, the posts must include the following items/pieces of text:
- The hashtag “#BBBVampsVIP” OR “#BBBVamps”
- A link to any of the tour stops for the tour OR a link to Arial Burnz’s website – either the home page (http://arialburnz.com) or the VIP Club benefits page (http://www.arialburnz.com/vip-club/) or the VIP Club sign-up page (http://www.arialburnz.com/vip-club/join-club/).
- Each tour stop should have a Giveaway Tools widget with buttons encouraging visitors to perform one or more of the following tasks:
- Announcement Requirements for Additional Entries: As mentioned in Items #2 & 3, additional entries for the Grand Prize Sub-Tour drawings may be earned by posting announcements on the various social media platforms or by sending an e-mail to multiple recipients. However, in order to track and count those additional entries, Arial Burnz and/or her assistant Emily Matson must be informed through these social media platforms or via e-mail. Guidelines for posting announcements can be found at this link and are subject to change, but the main requirements are listed below AND are subject to verification and the discretion of Sponsor. The minimum requirements for EACH announcement are as follows:
- The announcement must mention the Bonded By Blood Virtual Book Tour 2014 in some way.
- The announcement must contain a website link (a.k.a. URL or web address) to a page or post about the Bonded By Blood Virtual Book Tour 2014 on any of the participating websites/blogs OR on Arial Burnz’s website (http://www.ArialBurnz.com).
- You must provide some way of notifying Arial Burnz or her assistant Emily Matson about the announcement. Examples include but are not limited to:
- a Tweet containing #BBB so the announcement can be tracked and counted
- tagging Arial Burnz in the Facebook announcement
- sending Arial Burnz or her assistant Emily Matson an e-mail to the link/s of the actual announcement
- including Arial Burnz or her assistant Emily Matson on the e-mail sent to a list of recipients
- posting a comment on http://www.ArialBurnz.com with a link to the announcement.
- Winner Selection: Qualifying winners for the Reader Contest will be selected from the comments made on each of the participating websites/blogs, including Arial Burnz’s website at http://www.ArialBurnz.com. Additional entries for those qualifying winners will be accepted for announcements made as noted in Items 2, 3 & 4 above. Winners for the sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received on March 29, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. PT through August 3, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. PT. The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions is final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: At least twenty-two (22) prizes will be awarded to qualifying entrants as per detailed in Winner Selection (Item 5 above) from the qualifying entries for the Reader Contest. Prizes are detailed as follows:
- Three (3) Grand Prize Winners will receive…
- One (1) $25 Amazon, Barnes & Noble or iTunes gift card (winner choice)
- One paperback copy each of the first three novels in the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles signed by Arial Burnz.
- Approximate value all all three grand prizes combined is $225 USD.
- If a Grand Prize winner is found to already have signed paperback copies of Books 1-3 of the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles by Arial Burnz, they have the option of receiving the electronic versions of these books instead. Otherwise, there will be no substitutions. The winner has the choice of accepting or declining the items listed in 6.A.ii above or the aforementioned electronic copies.
- Each Grand Prize winner will be chosen at the end of each Sub-Tour on the following dates (dates are subject to change):
- Midnight Conquest Book 1 Sub-Tour – Drawing will be conducted at anytime starting May 12, 2014 at 00:01 a.m. PT through May 16, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Midnight Captive Book 2 Sub-Tour – Drawing will be conducted at anytime starting June 30, 2014 at 00:01 a.m. PT through July 3, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Midnight Hunt Book 3 Sub-Tour – Drawing will be conducted at anytime starting August 4, 2014 at 00:01 a.m. PT through August 8, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- One (1) winner will be selected at each Tour Stop to receive an electronic copy of the first three novels in the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles by Arial Burnz. The number of prizes is subject to the number of Tour Stops scheduled during the entire tour. Number of estimated Tour Stops is at least 5 stops per Sub-Tour, totally at least 15 Tour Stops. Estimated value of all prizes for this category: $240
- Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes for the Reader Contest: $465
- Three (3) Grand Prize Winners will receive…
Section II. Tour Host Contest
This section outlines the conditions of the Bonded By Blood Virtual Book Tour 2014 Sweepstakes for the website owners and blog managers hosting the virtual tour stops (heretofore known as “Tour Hosts”) during the Bonded By Blood Virtual Book Tour 2014 (heretofore known as the “Tour Host Contest”).
- How to Enter: Tour Hosts will have two ways to enter the Tour Host Contest:
- Hosting – Just hosting a Tour Stop for the BBB 2014 Book Tour will earn Tour Host a single entry in the Tour Host Contest. Hosting a Tour Stop means the Tour Host will post a blog entry or create a web page for the BBB 2014 Book Tour with content provided by Arial Burnz and/or her assistant Emily Matson and is subject to approval by Sponsor.
- Spreading the Word – Tour Hosts can earn additional entries for helping Arial spread the news about the tour as per the Announcement Requirements detailed above in Section I, Item 4.
- Winner Selection: Qualifying winners will be selected from the Tour Hosts who participate in the BBB 2014 Book tour as specified in Section II, Item 1A within the dates of the tour as detailed in Section I, Item 1.A-C. Additional entries for those qualifying winners (as noted in Section II, Item 1B) will be accepted for announcements made that meet the Announcement Requirements noted in Section I, Items 2, 3 & 4 above. Winners for the Tour Host Contest will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received on March 29, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. PT through August 3, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. PT. The drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decisions is final. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes & Approximate Retail Value: One (1) $50 Amazon, Barnes & Noble or iTunes gift card (winners’ choice) will be awarded to three (3) qualifying entrants as per detailed in Winner Selection (Section II, Item 2 above) from the qualifying entries for the Tour Host Contest.
- Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified via the e-mail address provided during the tour stop scheduling on the following dates for each Sub-Tour:
- Midnight Conquest Book 1 Sub-Tour – on or before May 17, 2014
- Midnight Captive Book 2 Sub-Tour – on or before July 4, 2014
- Midnight Hunt Book 3 Sub-Tour – on or before August 9, 2014
Section III. Sweepstakes Conditions and Legal Obligations
The following section applies to both Sections I and II.
- Winners’ List: For winners’ names, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to The Bonded By Blood Virtual Book Tour 2014 Sweepstakes, Mystical Press Publishing, 340 S. LEMON AVE #4462, WALNUT, CA 91789 by September 1, 2014.
- ENTRIES: Entries, as detailed in the items above in Sections I and II, become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The sponsor reserves the right to cancel the drawing if enough entries (at least one per Tour Stop) are not received. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided in the minimum requirement for an entry detailed above. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- ELIGIBILITY: Due to the adult content contained in the grand prize (i.e., paperback copies of the novels in the Bonded By Blood Vampire Chronicles) entrants MUST be at least 18 years of age or older to participate. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or Canada who have reached the age of majority or 18 years of age – whichever is greater – in their state territory, or province of residence at time of entry. Void in the Province of Quebec, and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such agencies) are not eligible.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Online entrants must have a valid e-mail address, and it is the entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for prize an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winners may be required to reply via e-mail, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winner hereby further agrees that he/she will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material, and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of the prize.
- INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten, or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in San Bernardino County, CA; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”); and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. California State law, without reference to California’s choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
- SPONSOR: The Sponsor of these Promotions is DBA Arial Burnz, 340 S. LEMON AVE #4462, WALNUT, CA 91789.